Thank you! The first few days of the course being open have gone exceptionally well. It appears that everyone is following the guidelines of arriving no more than 15 minutes before your tee time, leaving after your round is complete, and keeping 2m (6 ft) apart. All members coming into the clubhouse to use the washrooms or Snack Shack are also keeping their distance. Again, thank you!
We are hopeful that Stage 1 of the economy re-opening process will begin as currently planned on May 14. We will let you know when this date is confirmed but below are the changes that will occur once that stage is implemented:
- The upstairs dining area will open at 50% capacity.
- Stay for no more than an hour upstairs, and we will stay within the capacity limit.
- Reservations appreciated.
- The Golf Shop will be open for your shopping convenience.
- We ask you to be aware of the number of people in this space as we need to keep it to four or less at all times.
- Please do not touch something unless necessary. Have a staff member assist you.
- Club Storage remains closed.
- Locker rooms, except for Junior boys and girls, remain closed.
As lockers remain off-limits, we ask that you clean out the items you need from your locker at your earliest convenience. We expect to be back into the locker rooms eventually, so you don’t need to remove everything if you don’t want to. The Golf Shop staff can get you into the locker room; otherwise, the doors are locked.
As a reminder, for those of you that have paid for locker and or club storage. We will credit you a portion of the fees paid for these services if we cannot provide service for that month to your “credit book” which will allow you to use these funds to buy items in the golf shop or for food and beverage services.
Guest Green Fee Coupon
Every adult member of the Club is entitled to three guest green fee coupons. These coupons give you a $25 reduction on the price of a regular green fee. You can pick the coupons up at the Administration office starting Monday, May 11. There is no replacement for lost cards. The rules for the use of the coupon are:
- Voucher must be presented at time of play
- No cash or credit value
- Members must accompany guests
- RDGCC guest booking restrictions apply.
Frost Delays and Lightning
Should we have to deal with a frost delay, the Golf Shop will notify everyone on the tee sheet how long the delay will be. Updates will be issued as the delay evolves. Remember, you cannot come to the first tee/practice area until 15 minutes before your tee time, so you will have to stay in your car if you arrive at the Club more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
Lightning will be handled similarly to frost delays. Everyone on the tee sheet will be notified if a stoppage in play has happened. Updates will be sent out as the delay evolves. Those on the course must seek shelter in the appropriate shelters or come to the clubhouse area and sit in your car until the suspension of play is over.
There seems to be a little confusion over the rules around two people riding on the same power cart. For two people to ride on the same cart, they must live at the same address. i.e. their driver’s license must have the same address. We know of some clubs that have been fined for not following this rule, so please be prepared to show proof of address.
Booking a Tee Time
For our new members, as well as those that may have forgotten how, here are some pointers on booking a tee time.
- Go to the Club website at www.rdgcc.ca.
- Press the link to the Member Only Section in the upper right section of the homepage.
- Log in to the Member Only area.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the tee time booking system at the bottom of this webpage.
- We recommend that you first go to the “Manage Buddies and Groups” and fill in the people you play with regularly in the appropriate section(s).
- Click on the day you wish to play.
- Click on the time you wish to play. Clicking on either the time in grey on the left or the quick book link will take you to the booking confirmation page.
- If you want to book two tee times, click on “Group Bookings” and then click on the two tee times you want to book.
- The booking confirmation page is where you will confirm if you will walk, ride or use a pushcart as well as adding the other players to your group
- You have four minutes to complete this page and save your work, or you will have to restart the process.
- Press the “Book Now” link to confirm the tee time.
- Contact the Administration Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
Food & Beverage
Menu beginning Monday, May 11:
Deep Dish Lasagna – layers of lasagna noodles, ricotta and cottage cheese blend, tomato and herb meat sauce, mozzarella and parmesan – portion sizes built for 2, with garlic toast – $20
(Made Fresh – Reheating instructions included)
Filet Mignon – $17
6oz AAA Alberta beef tenderloin, hand-cut, vacuum sealed, and ready for your grill.
(Fresh Cut and vacuum sealed)
Half Chicken – $10
24 hr Brined ½ chicken, seasoned, smoked, and ready for your grill.
(Chicken has been smoked completely through to fully cooked, you only need to reheat and caramelize any sauce you may or may not choose to apply)
House cut AAA CAB Alberta NY Striploin steak – 10oz avg – $12/each
(Fresh Cut and vacuum sealed)
House ground burgers – 6oz patty – $5/each
(Fresh ground, hand-made)
Chicken Wings – $12/per LB
(Reheating instructions included)
Teriyaki Rice Bowl – our rice bowl served as a meal kit, with your choice of chicken or shrimp, coconut-infused basmati rice, bok choy, baby corn, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, sliced water chestnuts, cauliflower, braised red cabbage and a teriyaki ginger sauce – $15/per order
(Meal kit with cooking instructions included)
In conclusion, tee times will start moving back next Monday and will be back to a 7 a.m. start as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in these challenging times. Don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns at email@example.com or by phone at (403) 347-5441.
Have an excellent weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day!
Mike Kenney, CCM, CCE, PGA
General Manager & Executive Professional