As I write this, we have had two beautiful, warm summer days in a row! July has been a tough month with all the rain, so maybe this is the turning point to a consistent stretch of good weather. The rain has dampened demand for access to the tee, but we should still do close to 7,000 rounds this month, which is outstanding. I hope you have put in your fair share of rounds of golf!
Now that the survey is done and the results being analyzed by the survey company, we would like to delve a little deeper by meeting with members in focus groups. If you are interested in helping provide further feedback to the Club in its development of a strategic plan, this is an excellent opportunity to have your voice heard. The sessions will take place on Saturday, August 8, in the Boardroom, and there will be a minimum of three and a maximum of eight members per session. The sessions will be categorized by age group. Those 30 and under at 10:30 a.m., 31-40 at 1 p.m., 41-50 at 9 a.m., 51-60 at 2:30 p.m., 61-70 at 4 p.m., 71 and older at 5:30 p.m. Lady members are welcome at any session, but there will be a Ladies Only session on Monday, August 10 at 7 p.m. Please contact me at email@example.com to book your place.
Drone Video of Golf Course
Due to less than ideal weather on Sunday, July 19, the drone video of the course will take place starting at 11 a.m., weather permitting, on July 27. We will be blocking off a couple of tee times on either side of 11 a.m. to ensure this work doesn‘t interfere with your game. We expect to have the video on the website in four to six weeks.
Volunteers Need for CAA
With the 98th RBC Dominion Securities Wealth Management 7 days away, we are looking for volunteer forecaddies for the tournament. The tournament will require 10-14 forecaddies for the weekend. If you are interested in volunteering for the weekend, please contact Head Professional Dean Manz at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. We have a full field of 144 participants this year, and we look forward to showcasing our Club on August long weekend.
Men‘s & Ladies Club Championship – NOW TAKING ENTRIES
- Aug 22 & 23rd Tee Times from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. both Days
- Men‘s, Sr. Men‘s, Ladies & Sr. Ladies Divisions – All divisions will be flighted
- Men‘s Championship – Black Tees
- Men‘s 1st-5th Flights – Blue Tees
- Men‘s Senior Championship and Senior – White Tees
- Ladies Championship – Yellow Tees
- Sr. Ladies Championship – Yellow Tees
- A Horse Race will take place on August 22 after round 1 for all interested participants
- Saturday Night Entertainment after the horse race – Details to follow
- Drink Specials all weekend long
- Over $10,000 in prizes for all competitors
- $100 Entry Fee
The Championship is limited to the first 124 players who register. Please email Head Professional Dean Manz at email@example.com to register.
Practice Hole 8a
Now that Hole 5 is back in the rotation hole 8a will revert to its usual status as a practice area. To ensure orderly usage of this practice area, we ask you to observe the following conditions of using this area.
1. This area will be open for use from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily, weather permitting.
2. Book up to 2 x 1–hour blocks of practice time no more than a day in advance by calling the golf shop at (403) 340-4461.
3. Take a power cart and use the road behind 9 green to drive out to 8a. This road is accessed by turning left where the path splits near the driving range. DO NOT cross the golf course.
- If you are not old enough to use a power cart, a staff member will drive you out and pick you up at the end of your practice session.
4. Balls, shag bags and a ball mark repair tool will be adjacent to the green by the tall spruce.
5. These items, including the practice balls, must be returned to this area at the end of your practice time.
- Ball marks must be repaired,and bunkers smoothed out before leaving the area.
6. Each user is responsible for the upkeep of this area. We ask you to notify the golf shop if you arrive in the area, and it is in a state other than as previously described.
We are looking at updating our portfolio of course/club pictures. If you happen to take a photo on the property that you think might be something that would look great on our website, email communications, etc. please forward the picture to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Mike Kenney, CCM, CCE, PGA
General Manager & Executive Professional