As the tension builds towards the opening of the golf season, a decision made solely by the government, I am pleased to announce that we will be ready to receive you at the Club should you need a place to walk. We wish it were with golf clubs, but that is still a no-no, so we wait.
Starting Monday, April 27, the course will be open for walking every weekday from 9 a.m., assuming no frost. The gates to the parking lot will close at 6 p.m. We hope you can make it out and see the progress we are making on preparing the course for the start of the season, and please remember to give the Turfcare team a wide berth as they go about their duties. While here, be advised that the on-course washrooms are not yet open, so the only restrooms available for your use are those located in the girl’s and boy’s locker rooms on the main floor of the Clubhouse. We ask that you obey the physical distancing standard on not being closer than 2 metres unless you are from the same home and that you not come out if you are not feeling well. Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this front.
Food & Beverage Service
Additionally, we will be offering a curbside pick-up food service starting Monday. April 27. The menu will be sent each Friday for your review, as seen below. Place orders each weekday between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. with pick-up no later than 6 p.m. each weekday. Choose your pick up time, or delivery if required—order by calling or texting (403) 596-8857 or by emailing email@example.com. All orders will be charged to your account and placed on a table at the front door of the Clubhouse at your chosen pick-up time.
|House Cut AAA CAB Alberta NY Striploin Steak – 10 oz.||$10/steak|
|House Ground Prime Sirloin Burgers – 6 oz||$6/patty|
|Panko & Herb Breaded Chicken Breast – 5 oz||$4/piece|
|Deep Dish Lasagna with Garlic Bread – Dinner for 2||$20|
|Shepherd’s Pie – Dinner for 2||$18|
|BBQ Pulled Pork – 1 lb package||$12|
|Sticky Toffee Pudding||$4/piece|
|Norton Barrel Select Malbec, Argentina||$30|
|McMurray Ranch Pinto Noir, USA||$39|
|Earthquake Cabernet Sauvignon, USA||$58|
|Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand||$27|
|Novas Gran Reserva Chardonnay, Chile||$36|
Clubhouse Minimum Reminder
The clubhouse minimum spending requirements are still in effect as follows:
November 1- May 31 $150.00
June 1- July 31 $250.00
August 1- October 31 $250.00
The F & B team is excited to work with you to help make meeting the assessment as effortless as possible. As always, we take all precautions to ensure food delivery is safe for everyone involved. We look forward to seeing members out walking the course and will have a special Mother’s Day features included in next Friday’s menu.
Golf Shop Update
The Golf Shop has some great promotions that we hope you will consider as you look to get ready for the upcoming golf season.
- Titleist and Taylormade Ball Promo: 4 dozen for the price of 3 runs until April 30.
- Spring Tune-Up – Now is the perfect time to get ready for golf season with a $30 Full Bag Loft & Lie Adjustment. All your irons and wedges will be checked for proper lie & loft, along with inspection of all ferrules/screws etc. to make sure you are ready for opening day.
- 20 % Off All Grips Sale. April 24 – May 15
- We have a variety of grips in stock, or if you are after a particular model, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will special order some for your clubs.
- Paint Fill – Looking to spice up your current clubs or add a little bit of team pride to your putter or irons? We can custom paint-fill individual clubs or sets to have them looking like new again. $10/club
- All clubs will be cleaned and sanitized upon completion of the work.
With golf now available in BC and in Saskatchewan on May 15, I remain optimistic that we will be golfing soon. Please contact your MLA to let them know that golf is part of the solution to meeting the physical and mental health needs of our community. Golf can take place, all while meeting all the protocols currently in place for minimizing the spread of COVID-19.