We hope to see you all at the Opening Reception tomorrow evening in the Clubhouse. The night gets started at 5:30 pm and as usual complimentary hors d’ouvres and refreshments. It is the best and proper way for all Red Deer Golf and Country Club members and spouses to kick off 2019 golf year. See you there!!
We will have our first full-on Pasta Night of the year on Thursday April 18. Pasta will be prepared and served from the front of the house. Our Pasta Nights have become one of our most popular F & B events. Reservations are recommended. Generally Pasta Nights are held on Fridays or Saturdays but our staff have missed working them as much as we hope you’ve missed participating. It smells good already…
Our Spring Parent Child meeting will be held on Wednesday April 17 at 5:30 pm. All Junior golfers and their parents are encouraged to attend. Head Professional Dean Manz and Board member Darrin Steinke have a lot of changes planned for our Juniors in 2019. Exciting stuff!
Our Easter Brunch (complete with a visit from the Easter Bunny) will be Sunday April 21. The cost is $30/adult, $12 for children 3 – 12, and kids 2 and under are no charge.
On Wednesday April 24 the upstairs of the clubhouse will be closed. Given our start day in 2018 (May 2) and our unpredictable Alberta weather we chose to go ahead and accept a large booking that utilizes the F & B. We will have a BBQ at the Snack Shack and extra staff down there to take care of our golfers that day. The clubhouse should re-open by 5 pm.
The Red Deer Golf and Country Club has a large quantity of cut and split firewood available…and we are offering it this month for $50.00 per pick up load. This wood is available to Red Deer Golf and Country Club members and their families at that price until at least the end of April.
The Board of Directors considered and extended the long standing practice of allowing a small number of members the privilege of playing early in the mornings prior to regularly scheduled tee times. There is no desire to eliminate this privilege but the Board recognizes the importance of maintaining and protecting the golf course in the interest of all members of the Club. Accordingly they have approved the following rules and regulations regarding early morning golf.
1. Early morning golf is available 6 days a week commencing annually June 1 and through August 31.
2. Thursday mornings no golf prior to the first regularly scheduled tee time is permitted.
3. No golf is allowed if there is frost, and on days there is frost regularly scheduled tee times will have priority.
4. Early morning golf is not allowed on days we host tournaments.
5. Early morning golf is not allowed on maintenance days.
6. Early morning golfers must yield to turf maintenance personnel.
7. There may be occasions where early golf is interrupted by irrigation, or other golf course maintenance.
8. Early morning golfers are subject to all normal RDGCC member obligations.
9. Early morning golf is a privilege that will be reviewed by the Board annually.
The Red Deer Golf and Country Club will open for the season on Monday April 15 at 10 am. Club President Ellen Van Doesburg will strike the first shot of 2019. The golf course is in very good spring condition and we will support Heath and our turf team as they give the weakest of our greens some tender loving care.