Congratulations to 14 year old RDGCC member Carter Graf who shot 74 – 71 to win the Bantam Division at The Maple Leaf Golf Tours Bow Valley Credit Union Classic at The Banff Springs Golf Course. Carter birded his final two holes to win by 4 strokes.
Here is some clarification regarding Member Privilege Packs:
- a) Member privilege packs maybe purchased by adult RDGCC members for their immediadate family members;
- b) A shareholder may not be a member privilege pack holder;
- c) Privilege pack holders are eligible for 10 18 hole rounds, and have the option to split 4 of those 10 into 9 hole rounds. So 6 18’s and up to 8, 9’s if they so choose;
- d) Member privilege pack holders can play in “9 Wine & Dines” or “Girls Night Out” provided they pay the guest fee or use a coupon;
- e) Member privilege pack holders may not purchase guest fees in addition to the rounds provided as a privilege pack holder.
I’m sad to report that Food Services Manager Sidney Jones will be leaving us in a month. Sidney’s fiance has accepted a job in New Zealand! While we are excited for their opportunity she will be missed on our Food Services Team. Thanks for your efforts on our behalf Sidney and all the best to you and Jordan.
On Monday June 1, 2015 from 9 am – 11:30 am member relations committee chair Phil Avram will be in the clubhouse. Any member with question, comments and concerns are welcome to visit him.
This Friday is the first edition of our “Summer Social Series” presented by ProCom Insurance. Stop out to the clubhouse and listen and or dance to the music of Vintage, a 9 piece horn band. Reservations are recommended, and available to members only today, open to the members and the public after that.
Sorry to report that we are still having some security problems in the parking lot. Please lock your doors and keep valuables out of sight.
Head Superintendent Heath Koch and Assistant Brigitt McKeen have done a great job roping off worn areas and directing foot and cart traffic. Please respect your course and keep all power carts on the paths, a reasonable distance from greens, and avoid well worn areas. Same thing for walkers, use the path less travelled, and keep pull carts off of the mowed portion of tee boxes. Heath and Brigitt remind us all to use the sand and seed for filling divots, and to replace any of the larger ones.
Finally congratulations to Randy Hjertaas who made 4 deuces one round, a week or two ago. That’s rare….really rare! Also congratulations to RDGCC member Mike Hogan for his ace on #3 at the Meadows course at Glencoe in Calgary. Hogie has had good luck on that track. He holds the competitive course record (64) and finished with a 66 when he made the ace. His 8th ….. with 2 double eagles.
Did you know that the board minutes, turf notes and golf shop activities are regularly posted on our website? Visit www.rdgcc.ca for details.