It is hard to believe but we are entering the final 7 weeks of the 2015 golf season. Some reminders:
1. The Board has changed our assessment calendar. This assessment period is August, September, and October. Prior to 2015 it was August and September only.
2. Following October our first assessment (formerly $150.00 in April/May) has been expanded to include November, December, January, February, and March. In other words any time you can attend an off-season dinner or Club function it will count against your opening assessment. Given that we will continue our Sunday evening Prime Rib dinners and will have a few other special evenings throughout the winter meeting your assessment in 2016 will be easy peasy!!
3. Please check the shadow box bulletin board in the Snack Shack area for hours and availability of stationary beverage carts each day. On days the cart is not available it will be posted there as well as our sign by the 1st tee.
4. Going forward the Snack Shack and cart girls will require your name and account number on all transactions and we will close the bills following each transaction. We have had a few problems identifying charges, and members questioning dates etc. Closing each sale with an account number and signature will be better for all.
5. The final date for group bookings is Sunday September 06. Commencing Monday September 07 all tee times must be booked by telephone or in person as explained in the roster book. The golf shop will answer the phone commencing at 8 am September 01 – thru the end of the season.
All members should have received our survey. When you return the survey please make sure you mark your name on it to be entered in the draw. All surveys must be returned by September 20 to be eligible to win dinner for 4 with wine and two free guest passes with power carts.
The Ladies and Senior Men’s Club Championship runs Thursday and Friday. Call the golf shop for details.
We will have a special edition of Girl’s Night Out this Saturday from 4 – 6 pm. Same format and price…but groups can play all 18 if they prefer.
This Sunday September 06 and Monday September 07 all guest green fees will be $60.00 after 1 pm. Normal booking procedures and member restrictions apply.
The Ladies Bring a Friend and More Tournament is Sunday September 13. RDGCC members can bring guests at a special rate of $50.00.
The Earl’s MS Golf Classic is Monday September 14 and still has sponsorship opportunities and entries available. Contact the MS office or Dustin at Earl’s for more information on this worthwhile tournament.
Saturday and Sunday September 19 and 20 we host the Glendale/Red Deer Golf and Country Club Ryder Cup matches. Ten Red Deer Golf and Country Club members are selected based on performance in the Sun Life Central Alberta Amateur and Club Championship and play a Ryder Cup format against the Glendale Golf and Country Club. Each Club hosts alternate years.
Saturday September 26 is Member Appreciation Day. Details will be announced as the month progresses…but mark the date and plan on visiting us that day for sure.
The Ironman/Ironlady is scheduled for Sunday October 04. You can sign up in the golf shop.
The Red Deer Golf and Country Club will close for the season following play Sunday October 18. We hope to see you and your friends on the course and in the Clubhouse many times between now and then.
Over the course of the season there are lots of memorable golf shots and stories! Some good, some bad, some funny and some sad. I can’t ever remember hearing of anyone being ran over by a golf cart before though! The strange thing is that it happened twice at the beautiful Red Deer Golf and Country Club in a 10 day period. Full moon(s)???? Hard to believe…and I won’t drop names…but Dale Bingham and Rod Kennedy might something about it and be more willing to talk!